Sunday 21 October 2012

A little bit of life drawing

Anyone who can successfully juggle all the modules at the same time on my course can beat superman in a fist fight hands down. For instance today I produced my tight pencil rough for illus210 ready to be signed off and taken to a final piece, researched my chosen area of illustration and contacted several practitioners in readiness for my essay question and chosen a subject for my new drawing out project and prepped my sketchbook. And i'm not even finished for the day!

By the time I finish the course I should be a master of time management, that is assuming I haven't collapsed before then. But, I should;t be complaining, few people get the chance to do what they love day in and day out.

Oh, but I digress. I have also just completed my first life drawing session for this year and I was particularly pleased with the results.


The focus of the session was on 'weight' and trying to show weight and the occupation of space through our images. It was a welcome return to charcoal for me, and after these exercises I have attempted to use charcoal for my editorial brief, the results of which are shortly to follow.
Time ranges here was 40 minutes for the first image, 20 minutes for the second and 5 minutes for the third. I like the timed challenges as you are forced to define the most important aspects of your model and get only the necessary information that you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment